Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is an action-adventure video game developed by Sanzaru Games and published by Sega for the Nintendo 3DS. Along with its Wii U sibling Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, Shattered Crystal is a spin-off of Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog franchise and is a part of the Sonic Boom sub-franchise.
Why It Sucks
- It has several of the same flaws as Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, such as sluggish pace, slow frame rate, cheesy dialogue and unfunny "jokes," outdated graphics, forgettable and unimpressive music, camera issues, and a boring and tedious combat.
- It's not possible to just jump and run around like you can in any other Sonic game.
- Knuckles is still an idiot.
- Slow-moving, unskippable text boxes during story scenes.
- In order to make any real progress, you have to search tirelessly for tons of objects on each level rather than enjoy the level for what it is.
- Levels are purposefully designed to have points of no return, forcing you to replay them at least twice to find everything.
- Every level feels like direct copy-and-paste jobs.
- The map system is useless.
- Sticks the Badger is actually a decent character and a nice addition to Sonic´s character roster.
- The game has less bugs and glitches than Rise of Lyric.
- Good quality cutscenes.
- It is still a better game then Rise of Lyric, which is not saying much as this is not a very good game either!
Like Rise of Lyric, Shattered Crystal was critically panned, but had slightly more positive reviews than Rise of Lyric's. The game received "generally unfavorable" reviews.