Sonic Unleashed is a 2008 video game in the Sonic the Hedgehog series developed by Sonic Team and published by Sega for multiple platforms in 2008.
The game follows Sonic the Hedgehog as he attempts to restore the world to normal after his nemesis, Doctor Eggman. The game also focuses on Sonic's 'werehog' form, which he gains during the beginning after coming into contact with the energy of Dark Gaia.
Why it sucks (PS2 and Wii ports only)
- The hub areas were replaced with a point and click interface.
- Some levels were removed, while some areas were removed entirely. For example, Mazuri was reduced to just a boss battle, and Empire City is completely absent.
- Some boss battles were completely removed as well
- Some of the levels were completely redesigned
- Many enemies exclusive from the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions were removed and instead harder enemies were added.
- Many camera issues, specially while controlling the Werehog.
- The Wii Port is considered the hardest port because of how poorly the Wii controls were implemented.
- In both ports, the Sky Chase minigames were been completely removed.
- Many bugs and glitches.
- The Night-time Werehog sections are harder because of the terrible camera and the controls feel even more tank-like than the PS3 and Xbox 360 ports.
- Most of the game (like 70%) involves playing as the "Werehog" and they are very few speed courses.
- Boring and repetitive combat.
- The day-time Sonic sections are very good and offer a classic and speedy Sonic experience
- This two ports have inferior graphical quality, (specially on the PS2 port), because of the console´s limitations, but still the graphics look very good.
- The final level, Eggmanland, which is considered one of the hardest stages in the series was made shorter and easier than the PS3 and Xbox 360 ports.
- The Wii version allowed use of a Gamecube controller to combat the crappy motion controls.
- The boss fights are awsome.