Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (also known as Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic SNES; the latter name is used to avoid confusion with the actual Sonic & Knucles and Sonic the Hedgehog 4) is a pirate SNES game made by the Twin Eagles Group. It is a hack of another game, Speedy Gonzales: Los Gatos Bandidos.
Why it Sucks
- Suffers from graphical issues. For starters, the backgrounds are glitched, and they are overly red to the point that they can hurt your eyes. But in boss battles, they are normal.
- Annoying voice acting. Whenever you rescue Mario (seriously, look at the picture), he just yells his name, and if you pick up speed shoes, Sonic yells his name repeatedly.
- Plagued with bugs and glitches, some game-breaking.
- When played in some emulators, the game freezes after playing through the first four levels.
- A lot of the assets from the original game are still shown in this bootleg.
- The game has tons of cheap deaths with enemies appearing out of nowhere, and unlike the original Sonic games, you can't spindash, instead you kick. This is very confusing to players who are used to the mechanics of Sonic.
- The game has no save feature which means you have to play it all in one sitting.
- The game is very playable with pretty good movement and controls.
- The ending screen features lines "Sonic loves Nintendo, Mario loves Sega" which becomes true when Sega stopped making consoles and releases official Sega games (with Sega exclusive characters) on Nintendo consoles and other platforms.
- Twin Eagles Group made 2 more Sonic The Hedgehog games. One of them was a bootleg of another Speedy Gonzales game, this time a bootleg of the GameBoy port of the SNES version. This one, called Sonic 6, is even less modified but is still a bad game. The last one they made was called Sonic 2, was a bootleg of Sparkster for the SNES. Supposedly, it was the same exact game just with a Sonic sprite.