Spice World is a music video game starring English pop girl group the Spice Girls as animated characters. It was developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for the PlayStation. It was released on June 16, 1998 in Europe and July 31, 1998 in North America.
Why It Sucks
- Boring gameplay.
- Terrible graphics, even by PS1 standards.
- Bad voice acting (including voices provided by the Spice Girls themselves) and laughable dialogue.
- Only five of the girls' songs are featured.
- Each song has only nine samples.
- The samples don't even cover the entire songs.
- No replay value.
- The game remixes take up a lot of memory.
- The rhythm-based game has awful timing.
- The dance instructor in the rhythm game is a racist stereotype.
- Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice) had already left the group by the time the game was released,
- The game is padded with interviews of the Spice Girls to take up data space that could have been used more wisely.
- The game can be beaten in less than fifteen minutes.