Spongebob's Surf & Skate Roadtrip is a Kinect-based video game developed by Blitz Games and published by THQ. It is the last Spongebob game published by THQ. It was released for the Nintendo DS and Xbox 360 on November 8, 2011. This page will cover the Xbox 360 version. However, be warned, as the DS version is worse by it's own standards.
Why It Sucks
- Awful motion controls for Xbox 360 Version.
- Uninteresting gameplay.
- Drab visuals.
- Lacks content.
- Uninteresting story.
- Cutscenes are basic slide shows like Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.
- You can only play as SpongeBob or Patrick, and there are no other characters like Sandy, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, or Plankton.
- Both characters frequently repeat themselves during stages.
- No replay value.
- Almost nothing worthwhile to unlock.
- Every stage feels the same due to the gameplay being on-rails.
- There's no time limit, making it very easy to score points.
- They released it on Nintendo DS instead of Nintendo 3DS, which came out the same year. To add further insult to injury, Spongebob Squigglepants (A Wii game) was ported to the 3DS the same year on May 17th, meaning that there is no excuse to why this wasn't released on the 3DS.
- The DS version doesn't use motion controls unlike the Xbox 360 version.