SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge is a video game based on the titular TV series. It was developed by Behaviour Interactive and was the first SpongeBob game to be published by Activision. The game was released in October 2013 for Nintendo DS, 3DS, PlayStation 3, Wii, Wii U, and Xbox 360.
Why It Sucks
- Shallow and repetitive combat.
- Bland level design.
- There are only a few different enemy types.
- Enemies take far too many hits to kill.
- Special moves make negligible differences to attack power.
- Paper-thin story.
- So-called "Gizmos" are this game's equivalent of the familiar co-op game weapons; the Pickle Blaster is a disguised assault rifle.
- Gizmo upgrades only amount to increased damage.
- Currency needed to upgrade them (sprockets) is tied to each character, so if you collect a sprocket as SpongeBob and switch to Patrick, you won't have the sprocket or any upgraded Gizmos.
- Extremely easy.
- Extremely repetitive bosses, ALL of them have the exact same AI with some new attacks here and there.
- Co-op adds nothing to the experience; not even the amount of enemies changes.
- Reviving allies is simple to the point where it basically eliminates any fear of dying.
- The game is a ripoff of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.
- The ending is just a ripoff of the ending from Spongebob: Truth Or Square.
- While not as good as Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, the graphics are good to look at.
- The voice acting is good.