Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi is a fighting game developed in 1997 for the PlayStation by Lucas Arts. The plot revolves around Arden Lyn (a character exclusive to this game), an assassin hired by the Galactic Empire to destroy the Rebel Alliance.
The game's plot takes place between the events of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back:
After the destruction of the Death Star handed to the Galactic Empire, Emperor Palpatine demands drastic mesures for a swift retribution against Luke Skywalker and the Rebel Alliance. So, he calls upon the services of a mysterious young woman named Arden Lyn, who is a master of an ancient and almost forgotten fightning art called "teräs käsi", to assassinate the key members of the Alliance.
Why it Sucks
- Odd cast of characters, with iconic characters such as Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader being featured alongside a Stormtrooper, a Gamorrean guard and a Tusken Raider.
- The opening crawl says the title incorrectly as "A Master of Teräs Käsi" rather than "Masters of Teräs Käsi".
- Slow and stiff gameplay, with characters taking a lot of time to do even the most basic attacks.
- Awful controls, with special moves being very hard to pull off.
- Frustrating AI, which has no problem pulling off moves and will use the most devastating one whenever it feels like it.
- Despite all other characters using voice clips from the movies, Darth Vader is voiced by another person for whatever reason.