Street Combat is a fighting game for the Super Nintendo by Irem of America released in 1993. It is the American version of Ranma 1/2: Chounai Gekitou Hen, which was released one year prior.
Why It Sucks
- The American version completely scrubbed all references to the Ranma 1/2 manga and anime. Mr. Happosai's nickname (Happy) was kept in the American version but his appearance was changed to that of a generic Chinese warrior who looks similar to Wang Jinrei from Tekken.
- All of the replacement characters are ridiculous looking.
- Stiff controls that play nothing like a typical fighting game.
- Ugly graphics, especially in the American version.
- Bad music and dull sound effects.
- The only two characters you can play as in the single-player mode are literally the same character (moveset and all), with the only difference between them being cosmetic (Ranma/Armored Steven and Ranma-Chan/Civilian Steven).
- Unrewarding ending involving the protagonist being handed a trophy (American version).
- No credits in the U.S. version while Ranma 1/2 has one after the ending.