Strider is an action-platformer originally made by Capcom for the arcades in 1989. Due to its success it spawned
numerous ports including PC ports developed by Tiertex and published by U.S Gold (later on they made the infamous sequel Strider Returns). Sega made their own versions for the Mega Drive and the Master System. While the Mega Drive version is said to be "arcade-perfect" and faithful to the original, the Master System version is a watered down port and wasn't received as well at the time.
Like the original, this game is a 2D platforming game where you play as Strider Hiryu through different stages to beat the Grand Master.
Why it sucks
- Backgrounds are either monochrome or bland.
- Overall design is bland and simplified.
- Pretty much empty stages - not so many enemies to kill like in the original.
- Slowdown issues even when attacking regular enemies.
- The frame rate drops during the boss fights so badly that they're almost unplayable.