Superman was a game released by Kemco in 1988 for the NES.
Superman must save Metropolis from Lex Luthor and a gang of criminals that were exiled from Krypton.
Why it Sucks
- Poor graphics that make Superman look like a little kid and telephones as big as desks.
- Superman's powers are limited. You have to collect icons to use his abilities.
- Superman's X-Ray vision makes things visible in this game. The only excuse for this was that Lex Luthor lined every building in Metropolis with lead.
- Superman is pathetic in this game. In the comics, movies, and shows, Superman displays great feats of strength and invulnerability, such as immunity to guns and other attacks. In the game, bullets harm Superman, it takes two shots from Superman's heat beams to defeat a regular human, and his punches are weak taking several to beat up one regular enemy.
- In some parts of the game, Superman must use a subway but needs a subway pass, unless you use a Game Genie to get pass the man who tells you that you need a pass.
- Daily Planet was misspelled as Daily Planets.
- Talking to people is mostly worthless. The only person worth talking to is some guy who gives a password to continue the game.
- A lackluster control setup. For example, up is jump and down goes through the doors.
- The passwords to help continue the game are way too long.