Survival Arts is a 1993 arcade fighting game and Mortal Kombat clone developed by Scarab (predecessors to feelplus, developers of MindJack) and published by Sammy of Guilty Gear fame.
Why It Sucks
- The game is extremely unbalanced because some of the characters are overpowered while others are too underpowered. For example, the very first character you fight, Mongo, can spam his machine gun, flamethrower, throwing knives, and aerial torpedoes at will and at the exact same time.
- The character sprites are so big, they take up half of the screen.
- The levels are too small for fighting game standards. Some of them make absolutely no sense either.
- Laughable and uninspired character designs.
- The costumes worn by the actors playing the characters are too shiny.
- Terribly monotonous soundtrack, which largely consists of trumpets, trombones, and drums mashed together.
- The screen tears apart if a character jumps up and down.
- The fatalities are optional. To perform one all you need to do is kill your opponent using a special move in the final round.