Sword of Sodan is a Hack'n Slash game originally released 1989 for the Amiga. It later received a budget re-release in 1993 and a port to the Macintosh and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis. While the original Amiga version was well received, the re-release and ports are universally despised.
Why it Sucks
Amiga re-release and Mac/Genesis ports
- Horrible graphics.
- Choppy scrolling and movement.
- Unresponsive controls.
- Bad collision detection.
- Bad sound effects and no music.
Mega Drive/Genesis port only
- Enemies now attack from both sides, but due to the bad controls it is very hard to turn around, thus leaving you defenceless most of the time.
- Increased difficulty compared to other versions of the game- you fight 2 giants at the end of the 3rd level instead of one and in a later level you have to fight even more giants while trying to avoid falling into invisible pits.
- The "Magic Zapper" potion is useless against regular enemies.