Terminator Salvation is a third-person shooter based on the film of the same name. It was developed by Grin and published by Evolved Games for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. The game was released on May 19, 2009 to coincide with the film's theatrical release.
Why It Sucks
- Campaign is just three to four hours long
- No multiplayer outside of co-op variant of campaign
- Repetitive enemy design
- Uninspired and paper-thin story
- Poor voice-acting
- Badly rendered cutscenes
- Ugly visuals
- Terrible AI
- No reward for completing campaign other than an Achievement/Trophy
- The shooting mechanics are competent, but they're nothing special
- Costed $60 at launch
The game received generally negative reviews, with Metacritic scores of 49 for PC, 48 for Xbox 360, and 43 for PS3. It was given a 2/10 by Angry Joe.
Despite the reception, the game has gotten high rental value due to its extremely easy Achievements/Trophies.