The Orange Box is a 2007 compilation released by Valve consisting of Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2 and Portal released for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Why It Sucks
NOTE: This only applies to the PlayStation 3 port and not the PC or Xbox 360 versions.
- This port was not developed by Valve themselves (unlike the PC and Xbox 360 versions), but was instead outsourced to an internal Electronic Arts studio.
- Severe framerate issues, with Half-Life 2: Episode Two running at an average of 22 frames per second.
- Long loading screens.
- Low-resolution textures throughout.
- Team Fortress 2 had a severe game-breaking bug that was patched out of the Xbox 360 version but was never fixed in this port, thus rendering it unplayable.
- There's no reason to play this collection anymore, considering that all of the games in it will run with little to no issues on most PCs, including laptops.
- Team Fortress 2 has all weapons being held in the wrong hand.