Thor: God of Thunder is an action video game based on the Marvel Studios film Thor. The game was developed by Liquid Entertainment and co-written by Matt Fraction. Thor: God of Thunder marks Thor's first standalone appearance in a video game and features the voices of Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Jaimie Alexander, who reprise their roles from the film.
The game was released on May 3, 2011 in North America and is available on Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360 and Nintendo 3DS.). The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game can be played in 3D on 3DTVs and on 2DTVs via TriOviz Inificolor 3D glasses.
Why it Sucks (PS3 and Xbox 360 versions only)
- Many bugs and glitches.
- Very few enemy variations.
- Multiple technical issues.
- Lackluster story.
- Boring, tedious and repetitive combat.
- Poor collision detection.
- Terrible camera.
- Sluggish controls make navigation a chore.
- Excessively high difficulty level.
- Unforgiving time limits in certain missions.
- Confusing plot that doesn't even have much to do with the movie.
- Tedious boss fights.
- Outdated visuals with a stuttering frame rate.
- The DS version is decent. But That Version Got Good Reviews.
The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions had received mostly negative reviews, while the Wii version recieved mixed reviews and the DS version received favourable Tom McShea of GameSpot gave these versions a 2.0/10 calling it "a terrible game with almost no redeeming qualities".
GameZone gave the 360 and PS3 versions a 3/10, stating "All in all, Thor: God of Thunder isn’t a game you’ll want to pick up unless you see it in the bargain bin.
Angry Joe gave it 3/10, calling it trash.