Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness is the sixth video game in the Tomb Raider series, acting as a direct sequel to Tomb Raider Chronicles and The Last Revelation. It was developed by Core Design and published by Eidos Interactive.
Why it Sucks
- Terrible and dated controls
- Horrible camera
- Nigh impossible jumping and platforming because of the above factors
- Tedious and repetitive combat
- Multiple bugs and glitches
- Poor enemy AI
- A strength upgrade system
- Multiple stealth segments
- False Advertising: The cover shows Lara holding her Duel Pistols, but in the actual game the only way to get them is either by Gameshark or a Patch if you're using the PC Version
- Very interesting and engaging plot
- Amazing, smooth and detailed graphics
The game received mixed to negative reviews from critics. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalised rating out of 100, the game received an average score of 52 and 49 for the PlayStation 2 and Windows version, respectively.
In 2010, GameTrailers placed the game 5th in their "Top 10 Worst Sequels" list.