Viva Piñata: Party Animals is a video game developed by Krome Studios for the Microsoft Xbox 360 video game console, part of the Viva Piñata series. The game was announced in July 2007 and was released on October 30, 2007, in North America, November 15, 2007, in Australia, November 16, 2007, in Europe, and December 6, 2007, in Japan.
The Party Animals Championship Challenge is starting, hosted by Piere Parrybo and Pecky Pudgeon. Characters such as Hudson Horstachio are competing in the challenge.
Why It Sucks
- Rare had nothing to do with the game aside from giving the developers artwork and info about the visual style. Instead, Krome Studios, creator of the Ty The Tasmanian Tiger franchise developed the game.
- It's just a Mario Party ripoff with a Viva Piñata skin and different minigames.
- The game has nothing to do with the last game. It is instead a tie into the TV series.
- Despite being a tie into the TV series, only eight characters are available to select, and four of them are the female counterparts of the male characters, and those female characters aren't even main characters of the show. The selection is Hudson Horstachio, Hailey Horstachio, Fergy Fudgehog, Francine Fudgehog, Paulie Pretztail, Petunia Pretztail, Franklin Fizzlybear, and Florence Fizzlybear. You can't play as Les Galagoogoo, Ella Elephanilla, or Langston Lickatoad who are the main characters of the show.
- All of the minigames feel identical to each other, to the point where it feels like the game only has 6 minigames with a few different skins.
- Easy difficulty aimed towards children. The original game was aimed towards casual gamers and it still had a reasonable challenge, giving no excuse for this game to struggle with being challenging to play.
- The music is average.
- Decent graphics with the correct art style of the Viva Piñata series.
- There are some enjoyable minigames.