WWII: Soldier or SOE: Operation Avalanche is a Europe-only low-budget PC and PlayStation 2 stealth/first-person shooter by Atomic Planet and Midas Interactive Entertainment. The PC version only has a German version currently known in existence.
An Allied spy infiltrates the Swiss Alps to rescue an American general who is held prisoner by the Germans.
Why It Sucks
- The title itself, for being ridiculously generic.
- Extremely short; the game can be beaten in less than an hour and has only 7 missions... one of which lasts for only 2 minutes.
- Broken and cheap AI that can very easily detect you in stealth-based levels.
- Choppy framerate.
- Ugly graphics with bare-minimum draw distance, comparable to a PS1 game.
- Terrible sound design.
- Boring and generic "WWII movie/game" soundtrack.