White Men Can't Jump is a Basketball simulator game released in 1995 for the Atari Jaguar by High Voltage Software. It is one of two games on the system to be compatible with the Team Tap Adaptor, thus allowing up to four players.
Why it Sucks
- It has nothing to do with the movie it's based upon. A red flag with the game being K-A rating now E for Everyone when the original movie was rated R! Also the game came out in 1995 nearly 3 long years after the movies hype died down which is dumb in itself.
- You only play half of a courtyard.
- Awful digitized graphics and choppy animation.
- Because the playable area is a 3D field, the sprites constantly scale back and forth, making it confusing to judge the position of players.
- Bad, confusing camera that constantly zooms in and out.
- Awful controls.
- It is very hard to score a shot, sometimes missing even when you throw the ball at the right angle for no discernible reason.
- It is very hard to make the Team Tap Adaptor work properly, despite the game's compatibility with the accessory.
- It was the first game on The Video Game Critic website to get the infamous F- grade, and is one of Seanbaby EGM 20 Worst Games of All Time list games, let that sink in!
Joueur du Grenier reviews the game in his "sports game" episode. He claims that it is "so bad that it should have been forbidden by the Catholic Church." and that if you play it, "you will get cancer". He also briefly talks about the Atari Jaguar before this.