Why It Sucks
- False Advertising: Despite the title "Yaris", you don't race anybody.
- Seriously, of all the Toyota vehicles one can pick, they have to pick the titular car of the game, Yaris - one of the most common subcompact cars on the street.
- No plot.
- It's impossible to beat the game, due to having no plot.
- Racing is "automatic" meaning even if you don't control it still does the turns at a constant speed.
- Horrible Stages (they are just space pipes and not actual speedways).
- The game feels like an on-rail shooter rather than a racing game.
- Enemies' designs are nothing but absurd (Giant MP3 players, flaming wheels and Sumo wrestlers riding bikes? Seriously?).
- Enemies' animations is basically an animated loop.
- Awkward graphics that are around 6th generation standards with barely any hardware rendering into them.
- Unforgiving attacks (the enemies' splash attacks can chain-strike you to death within a few seconds).
- Awkward death animation (your car spins around with no smoke and it looks like the driver could just keep driving if he wanted to).
- Weird soundtrack (focuses hugely on throbbing bass).
- Upgrades for tires and colors are pointless since they don't really affect the gameplay at all.
- Grinding for upgrades requires you to play through the same race over and over just to grind coins. To add insult to injury, there is an achievement that requires you to farm 1,000,000 of them mindlessly.
- It uses a stock logo instead of the trademark Yaris logo.
On GameFAQs, Yaris had a rating of 1.67/5, making it the 5th lowest rated racing game on Xbox 360 and the 111th lowest rated Xbox 360 game.
On GamesRadar article The 50 worst games of all time, Yaris was ranked 33rd. It was described as "too expensive, even for a free game".